- What kind of candidates we are looking for?
We look for candidates that are capable of understanding complex situations and translating these situations into clear frameworks.
- What are the top qualities we are looking for?
We prefer specialized individuals that are capable of simplifying complex concepts.
- Is there a profile for our ideal candidates?
Not really, we are looking for people from multiple age groups, different backgrounds, with different educational experience that appreciate sustainable development, and want to work for a "grass roots" not-for-profit organization.
- What are the advantages of working for us?
Our organizational structure is organic and non hierarchical, which makes MicroEmpowering.org a very pleasant place to work for. We are a results oriented organization where every task is measured. You don't need to be at our office physically, you can work from home, your dorm room, the library, the park, you name it, as long as you are located in the United States and fulfill your tasks according to the pre-established explanations, we are happy.
- Can I apply for an internship or volunteer position if I am located at another country?
Yes you can, but in case you are selected we will require you to participate on conference calls and on-line meetings during Eastern Standard Time (EST). We strongly suggest you to look for local not-for-profit organizations that have a partnership with us.
- If I am working from another state or from home does Microempowering.org pays for my connection costs?
No, we do not pay for your internet provider or phone costs, but in case you are selected we will require you to participate on selected on-line conference calls. But we will provide you with a password to use one of our conference call services.
- What are the benefits we offer?
We are a start-up not-for-profit organization and offer a very innovative business atmosphere for you to grow with. Currently, we are offering benefits such as, training and a transportation stipend in a case by case basis.
- What do we offer to our volunteers?
We also offer training and a transportation stipend in a case by case basis.